Monday, March 2, 2015

Medic.....

This weekend I got a  gig (not paying mind you) playing nurse at camp with a bunch of boys that were encouraged to play with guns, knives, and fire.....
Thankfully we all escaped with all of our digits  and extremities intact.....my sanity, perhaps not so much!!!!!! Did I mention Buddy is getting his Arrow of Light soon which means he'll be moving on up to Boy Scouts....I'm pretty certain they don't play with guns, knives and fire.....errrrrrrmmmm. In other news, Buddy has been working on a cultural project for the last TWO MONTHS.  He's been researching the first Chinese immigrants to Hawaii and their cultural contributions. Friday they're turning in their projects and having a "cultural potluck meal". I offered to make mooncakes with a really cool note in the middle of them  (which apparently were used  to overthrow  an invading army by sneaking in a message to all the village when to attack and now they have them during the moon festival celebrations every year). I thought my idea was marvelous, even if I haven't the first clue how to make them. Buddy however has overruled my awesome plans! Buddy has informed me that for part of the project they are including part of their own culture. He came home today to inform me that  "all the kids" were requesting his fantastic cultural contribution from last year's project... Deep Fried Oreos. Oh southern heritage, we are oh so proud! Today we stocked piled up on Oreos, because according to Buddy they are oh so good...plus he's really trying to sucker up to get a good grade on his project. So all in all a super fantastic, getting ready, day!

1 comment: