Thursday, September 29, 2016

Royally Chafed?

Not sure why I keep getting behind in posting...I'd like to pretend I'm involved in something grand or awesome, but feel free to assure yourself that nothing of the kind is happening on my part. So here is the catchup ketchup! Buddy has been invited to perform in 2 parades over the last two weekends showing his no-hands pogoing skills! You should totally be impressed because he is the only new student in his circus class that was invited.
I think he fits the part of a circus act quite well if I do say so myself! In other news, Buddy took up inhaling....and exhaling if I'm being honest...
Of course, that was only after the doctor chastised me for waiting "too long" that his simple cough had turned into an asthmatic infection. I would have been offended, but she told me that she didn't need to go to medical school to tell that he was sick....which I, of course, assumed meant I have an honorary medical degree because I knew he was sick and took him to the doctor after I had given his body enough time to fight off an illness with his own immune system. So I'm positive she was really giving me a mental high five! In other news, Shane and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary yesterday by going to a fancy dinner.  Buddy got to tag along as third wheel. When I came out of my bedroom dressed in jeans and a t-shirt, I saw Buddy had gotten himself dressed for the occasion... 
Needless to say, Shane and I both went back and changed! The wait staff was so impressed at our fancy attire (it's Hawaii after all so a coverup over a swimming suit is fancy wear to most of us), that several of the waiters commented on how awesome it was to see us looking so nice. FYI-the restaurant was a fancy restaurant, and the people sitting next to us were wearing tank tops and shorts. Also FYI- I never confessed that the only reason we were dressed so nice is because Buddy was dressing for the occasion, so we decided to be good parents and match him. So all in all a super fantastic, Buddy finally went back to school so I can go running (yep, it's all about me), day!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! See you again, on the blog, in about two weeks! -Don

    ReplyDelete