Sunday, September 17, 2017

Explosions!!!!


 About two weeks ago I asked Shane to take a look at my phone because there was something screwy with the sound. Shane the "Jack of All Trades" took my phone apart to look at it. I'm not sure what happened entirely.....but I do know that my phone, shortly after my hand off to Shane, exploded! To say I was upset was an understatement, mostly because I thought I lost these gems.... 




Speaking of gems....or gyms, the Budster has been on a workout kick. His BFF is hiking the Grand Canyon next summer and Buddy has taken it upon himself to be his personal trainer! Now he's taken over being mine! 
 In other news, the boy had a group project for one of his classes. They outvoted him and decided to make a game (he really wanted to make a claymation movie), so a game was created! He did fantastic (I'd like to say the group did, but I was present at their "work" meetings and saw who did the work)! Luckily, we had a game that we never ever played (it was given to us and looked kind of babyish), so he repurposed the whole thing! Including covering the box with contact paper and painting the game board....

 The requirement was to create a game where you would be able to understand the book if you played it, so he made a game scrambled from Monopoly, Exploding Kittens, and The Oregon Trail.....

 Complete with supply cards that could save your life! He even went so far to run around the house taking pictures of  life saving supplies!
 He even had Shane 3 D print a dog pound and characters from the book for the game!
 He did awesome, and it takes forever to play the game because you get so many set backs.....which he didn't do on purpose, but it totally fits the book since the main character has a bazillion set backs!!!
 Also, in other news, it's been so long since I've blogged I'm not sure if I included the preview of the costume I've been working on! 
If you think that's awesome, just wait to you see Shane and his Road Runner feather boas!!! Haha! That's what he gets for letting me always be in charge of his Halloween costume! So all in all a super fantastic, phone working again hip hip hooray, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment