Friday, March 22, 2019

Fantastic fun....

We made it to Waimanu again for spring break, we even survived coming back. This year we added two new kids to the bunch and I am so happy we did! They were fantastic fun.....I think I stayed awake waaaay too late listening in on the kids punny jokes!
Other fantastic things included a kayak that washed ashore to our campsite....It had a huge hole in the back, but we made it work. Shane even took me out for a ride towards the waterfall in the back. We ALMOST made it all the way back before we had to bail out of the sinking ship and dump it....


 Someone had left crawdad nets and traps out which the kids made full use of....

Cache brought some fishing line and someone left a pole behind for some fancy fishing....
Buddy got to use his fancy lighter and make a fancy fire. Sadly, everything was wet so it didn't last super long....but his trying sure did.........
Shane finally got to be in a Waimanu picture, he looks pretty enthused about it too....
 As you can see, this is us hiking out, so I don't know if he started smiling because he was enjoying himself, or if he's smiling because he knows he's finally done with the torture......
Either way, it was fantastic fun, and the horrible mom in me made Buddy go to Scouts as soon as we got home (okay, I'm not that horrible, I let him shower). Thankfully, they were doing a gun safety class so Buddy didn't complain too much...that is after he came back anyway. The also horrible mom in me made him wake up at the butt crack of dawn to go to Youth Conference where he has been helping a farmer tear down a fence all day, and he'll be camping again tonight!!!!! Oh well, you're only under 18 once  so your mom can torture you with her life decisions! So all in all a super fantastic, I'm sure Buddy is tired, but I've got a lot of stuff done today, day!



No comments:

Post a Comment