Monday, June 13, 2022

Burning calories......

 Buddy and I had reservations this morning at the 9/11 Museum and Memorial. I looked it up and it would only be 3 minutes faster by subway, than by walking from our Airbnb, so I decided to torture Buddy with a good walk this morning! I am so glad I did, he took lots of pictures of some of the amazing architecture in this town. Plus it gave us the opportunity to get a few blasts of fresh air. 



and some more photo ops. After the 9/11 Memorial, we took the subway since we had to scurry it to uptown in order to make it in time for our Empire State Building Reservations.....Well, we took the subway after I got us lost a few times trying to find the subway that was right across the street and looking super cute. Seriously, I assumed all subways were located in dank, dark tunnels, how was I supposed to know they actually have cute buildings for some of them. Buddy was not impressed!


Since we had a little time to kill, Buddy thought we should stop at Build-a-Bear....which I think is hilarious, because he never liked that place when he was a kid, but I think he was trying to just make me happy because I was beyond frustrated because I kept getting us lost...

Of course his bear is a Darth Vader Bear that plays the Imperial March.....what else would he have! We had a New York pizza, which Buddy was sure to fold up like a local!
Then we made a quick pit stop at Macy's because we were told "we had to go".....so we went, to the very top. We found their Christmas train and a very old wood escalator that was super cool....

Then we got to do our tour of the Empire State Building, the 86th and 102nd floor, because why wouldn't you? Also when they give you props, you pose with them, because why wouldn't you?

We took the subway home after I got us lost a few more times and we took a little break. I think Buddy was a bit over my lack of navigation skills, honestly, so was I! Buddy has been very involved with keeping up on everything that is happening in the Ukraine. When Covid started, we actually had one of the boarding students from the Ukraine live with us for a while since he wasn't able to get back to his country for a while. Anyway, to cheer Buddy up and make amends for my horrible navigation earlier, I took him out to eat at a Ukrainian diner....

Oh my goodness, it was so good! I'm not actually familiar with Ukrainian food so I asked the lady what she would recommend for an appetizer and we got the Krokety
and for the entree I had Holubtsi, and Buddy had the beef stroganoff. Holy yummmmmmmm!!! We were quite happy with our selections! To burn off a few of those delicious calories, and since we were kind of close, we walked to Washington Square....

and I only got us lost a few times, before I gave up and told Buddy his was in charge of navigating. Somehow, possibly the good food put him in a good mood, Buddy let me convince him to go on a bike ride across the Brooklyn Bridge. So we rented a citibike right beside of Washington Square and we took off. It was Buddy's turn to get us lost a few times, so I used my iphone and iwatch (thank goodness I was wearing it) and navigated us safely there, and back to our Airbnb where a bike return happens to be right across the street from where we are staying. 
I'm so sad that there was no safe place to pull off and take pictures while we were on the Brooklyn bridge, but just take my word for it, it was spectacular. I had told Buddy that biking across the Brooklyn bridge had been on my bucket list, and now I never need to come back!!!! Tomorrow, we have more adventures planned, one in particular that he's been biting at the bit to do, hopefully everything pans out smoothly and I don't get us too lost that we miss the boat (literally). So all in all a super fantastic, I've tuckered to boy out so he's snoring soundly beside me already, day!
















No comments:

Post a Comment