Sunday, June 12, 2022

Rain, rain, don't go away....

This morning, Buddy and I woke up and decided to go exploring. I was looking for a grocery store to load up on fruit and look for a park that is supposed to be near our Airbnb that is supposed to be safe for running. Seriously, my native New Yorker friend had me convinced I'd be mugged, raped or murdered within the first 2 minutes of arriving. I'm not cracking any jokes on that one, because I am superstitious, but I am also currently knocking on wood. Anyway, turns out the park is right down the street and a whole foods is two blocks away! Hurray for Kombucha! Best thing ever to keep those innards running right.....If you know, you know! We also got the full New York City experience, not only did we smell a lot of pee and garbage, a rat the size of a small dog almost ran over my foot! What a treat!!!!

Today we were supposed to kayak the Hudson to Bannerman Castle with my old roommate Becky. It started raining instead and about 20 minutes into our drive to the place we were supposed to launch from, the kayaking company called to cancel because the wind was picking it up, making it unsafe. I think that may have been the best cancellation ever! I think I would have loved kayaking as well, but the very upside to the cancellation, is that we got to go pick up another old roommate and her daughter to join our adventures. That adventure took us to dip our toes in the Atlantic Ocean....umm cold and dirty looking 3 stars....super clean beach though, so 5 stars!

Then we rode the Cyclone, the Wonder Wheel and then 2 freaky rides that the kids picked out that included ghosts, zombies and guns!





 We even ate Nathan's hot dogs for lunch, because that's what you're supposed to do at Coney Island...right? I'm feeling like such a bada## local, that I even went for a run after the ladies dropped us off. My route did include running past a senior center a few times, but I think I could take them if I had to! So all in all a super fantastic, still crossing my fingers, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment