Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Disneyland in Utah?

OK, so Shane is going back to Alaska to work for the summer and is leaving in two weeks, I conveniently have a week off right now, so it's only normal to assume that the family is required to go on a vacation to spend time together and enjoy themselves before the family unit is once again ripped apart. So Buddy and I voted on Disneyland, seriously who wouldn't, Shane voted on nothing. Seriously there is a miser in his soul! Somehow Shane won, with the compromise that we would have a vacation in our house, having Buddy Boss days, where Buddy picks the activities for the day. Ground rules, no computers (yes, I'm cheating) and no TV unless it's a family movie. So yesterday we were going to ride the front runner train, we got on the trax, go to downtown SLC, then my work called to tell about a code yellow, a gas leak near the hospital where people were being evacuated. My husband, AKA miser, decided we should get the heck out of town and abort mission. So we went to the Mayan restaurant instead. We loved the show...

Buddy loved his new way of wearing a jacket. Yes I am an awesome mother, creative, inventive and the reason he had an accident to begin with ( I asked him to hand me some toilet paper while he was mid pee, so the thoughtful thing that he is handed me paper while he was still going, getting himself wet in the process).


When we came home we made a tent and watched HORTON HEARS A WHO and then the boys camped out in the tent. Too bad I have a bad back and had to sleep in the bed all by myself.

Today on our vacation, we're going to the dinosaur museum and bowling, just like if we were at Disneyland.

1 comment:

  1. ooops! I have somehow managed to miss that you have a blog! So happy to have happened upon it today. I too would have voted for Disneyland (or atleast warmer weather.) Enjoy your week off. So happy to have found you!!

    ReplyDelete