Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The final countdown...

Shane is about to board his plane in Alaska and my very long journey of single parenting is about to end. It's been quite the adventure. Buddy is such a great kid and has been a super trooper, even though I have at times felt like I was going to be admitted into an insane asylum at any second. Buddy very confidently and soothingly would tell me "it's OK mom, I still love you". Seriously, who teaches them to be so stinkin' cute? We are so excited for Shane to come home, unfortunately I am scheduled to work when he gets in. Buddy of course has the answer "why don't you get fired mom", ahh the words of a genius. If I had a dollar for every time I asked my boss to fire me, I'd have at least ten dollars. So in the meantime, we're just sitting around, twiddling our thumbs, and finding other ways to entertain ourselves while we're waiting for dad....
All in all, a super fantastic, wish dad were already here day!

No comments:

Post a Comment