Thursday, October 22, 2009

The fountain of youth...

In exactly one week, Buddy will turn 5 years old. My sweet little pumpkin pie is growing like a weed and no longer my sweet little baby. There was a time when I remember praying for my baby to grow so he would stop the non-stop screaming and projectile vomiting. Now, every time I turn around he's grown. Lullabies are almost non-existent, and if I bribe him, he will still let me rock him, but only for a short time. So in the meantime, I'm holding on to his youth in one of the few ways I can....

That's right, lame footed pajamas that I have always sworn should never be worn by someone able to walk. Now, we seem to have a plethora of baby-like night wear! At least he will still appease my need to have a baby in the house with a special look just for me, although I did ask if he would stay 4 for me, his answer was an emphatic "NO, then I won't be able to ride all the rides at Disneyland". Seriously? I lost someones eternal youth to Disneyland.

All in all a super growth spurt day!

2 comments: