Thursday, February 4, 2016

Diary of a Sicky Kid....

Buddy has been home sick lately. Since there is always that fine line my kid walks between, is he really "too" sick to go to school or could he suffer through it?  We took away TV,  computers (except for Moby Max-the school's online math program) and books. I know, it sounds slightly unparental (I'm positive that's a word) of me to take away books....but if you knew my kid, he'd be happy as a clam reading books nonstop for the next 2,000 years! So, the ogre parent in me had to put the kabash on that one and he's only allowed a book at bedtime. He's been occupying his time wisely learning a new trade....
Of course, now that he's learned how to make crass poems look beautiful he just can't stop. Several of our friends and family members will be recipients of these precious pieces of art in just a few short days compliments of the USPS! He finally made it back to school today....but only after I assured him he could take his calligraphy pen and ink well! Who knew deep down inside Buddy was a proper gentleman (when I say proper...I totally mean someone who can use quill and ink, we all know that kid doesn't have a "proper" bone in his body, as evidenced by his poem about pooping in the toilet)? So all in all a super fantastic, in other news, he's starting a sketching class today and he is so excited!, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment