Thursday, June 2, 2016

Got your back.....

We went to the zoo today and did the usual. We went to a bird show....
 Did some obligatory poses with the water fountain...

Walked on things we probably shouldn't have walked on, while riding our heely's....
And rode the carousel....
I would end it there and call it a super fantastic day, but it got better....well, depending on how you look at things and I'm looking at the awesome silver lining. While Buddy and his cousin were playing at the playground some mean girls approached Buddy and asked him if he was a girl or a boy. Seriously????? Buddy's cousins happened to be right there and completely responded in humor. I love those kids. Hyrum (a boy) responded by pointing at his sister and said "she's a boy, Buddy's a boy and I'm a girl. Does it matter?" The girls weren't expecting that and started conversing and saying bad words at them in spanish. The boys fantastically turned it around and translated (incorrectly of course) to rework the conversation into the girls were now saying that the boys were really awesome and cute, and that the mean girls needed to go poop really bad! The girls stomped away in anger. Should I be applauding the boys behavior? I don't know, but I am. I keep telling the kids how proud I am of them for just keeping everything light and filling the world with humor, because seriously a world without humor would be totally lame....and not to mention, mean people suck! To celebrate, I jumped for joy for almost 2 hours straight.....
Who am I kidding, I'm old and I've had a baby, the kids jumped for 2 hours straight while I took frequent mommy breaks to the bathroom! So all in all a super fantastic, glad the cousins have our backs, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment