Friday, July 7, 2017

How did this happen????

After I posted yesterday I looked back at my blog and I realized that I hadn't blogged about THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OF THE SUMMER! Last year, after we had hiked the Narrows, Buddy asked if we could hike up to Angel's Landing. Thankfully, one of his cousins didn't want to go, so we all couldn't go (leave no man behind and all). Secretly I was excited she said no, because just between me and you (and the 6 bazillion people on the internet), I'm a little afraid of heights.....especially if the only thing keeping me at those heights includes a chain link grab hold and a very small path of sandstone....but maybe I'm just weird! It took me a year to get the courage, but we did it.....





I'm glad that the National Park Service felt like they had to post a picture of someone falling to their death, because I totally wasn't picturing that ALREADY in my head! Thanks NPS for thinking of us!!!! 



I want to say the view was worth it....but it was a little meh....
 Okay, this is the spectacular view I was expecting!!!
I'll be honest, the worst part was the hike back down. Well, the worst, other than the harrowing crawl/holding to the chain for your life climb to the top OR sitting on the top waiting for a breeze to blow me off the top to a very painful death, the hike back down was the worst.
Pretty certain my body wasn't very appreciative of the activity we did the next day...
Buddy definitely was....Especially when I let him do this to get back....
I'll be honest, I was a chicken momma and only let him do that when it was super calm, not as fun as the rushing rapids we had hiked up through.....but let's be honest, he totally owed me one for the Angel's Landing Hike! So all in all a super fantastic, I can't believe I forgot to post all about this, day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment