Sunday, January 20, 2019

Does misery REALLY love company?????

Buddy kept me up all night moaning in pain. I was on some serious mothering duty with my running back and forth between Buddy and my medicine cabinet (which is totally overflowing these days). I'm not sure if it's a good thing I'm a nurse or not at this point, with all of the concoctions I've been creating to help the kid out. This morning we landed in the hospital for a few  hours for some tests, a lot of pictures, an ENT consult in Oahu and the results are......

Bring him back in the morning for further evaluation!!!!!
Okay, they did give him a huge dose of steriods, and started him on 2 antibiotics, as well as more antipyuretics in the ED. But seriously, they said the word "necrotizing" and "watch him closely to see if his mouth starts turning blue"??????Seriously??????? So we're home, we're exhausted, but hey, at least he's not blue yet!!!!! I did call my boss right after that necrotizing comment, that probably wasn't the best of ideas because somehow my waterworks got released and poured onto her.....but long story short, I won't be going back to work for at least a week.....Have I ever mentioned how nice my boss is? So all in all a super, not really fantastic, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment