Friday, February 12, 2010

Operation Cupcakes....

So this morning, Buddy and I were all set for part II in the Valentine's Extravaganza at his school when someone "peed out his butt", codeword "diarrhea", most likely caused by the ridiculous amount of candy ingested at Valentine's Extravaganza part I. So instead of spreading our cooties, we decided to make some gloop (which is what you do when you are sick)....

It's a liquid...
And it's a solid...
Who knew cornstarch and water (with a splash of food coloring) could be so fun, but it does make me wonder what the heck do you make with cornstarch anyway, so I can be sure to avoid it entering my tummy!
Then we decided we better catch a ride across the house, we saw this guy and figured he would do nicely...
And nope those aren't gloves, my child is slowly turning into an alien, that or the food coloring stained his hands, I think we're leaning towards the first one (it would explain a lot).
Since I have a friend whose kids wanted to have a bake sale tomorrow to help out the people of Haiti, we decided to make our contribution too. For those of you who know me, I am not a baker, matter of fact the last thing I really remember making was a carrot cake when I was 16 years old (so just a few days ago I guess). Buddy was there to help me every step of the way (what a guy)...



Every good baker needs to make sure they have it just right,(Don't worry Corinne, that spoon was never used again)!

Ta-Da, it looks like I have continued to be on the no-baking streak, thank goodness child labor laws don't apply in your home (they don't right?)  So now we are resting our bellies from testing too many red velvet cupcakes and extremely rich buttercream frosting!
So all in all a super fantastic day, tomorrow the bake sale and hopefully no more peeing out our butts!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the delicious cupcakes...I (for one) loved them. I had to try everything on the tables because everything looked so good! Thanks too for driving all the way out to Herriman!! It was so good to see you and Buddy. I hope that he is feeling better...nothing is worse than peeing out your butt.

    ReplyDelete