Friday, December 10, 2010

Is it bulges or barges?....

Along with pirates, and Sonic the Hedgehog, Buddy has now added boats to go along with his new found obsessions. When I went to the library this week, I asked him what he wanted to learn about (it's a thing we do, he tells me his interest for the week and I use my Dewey decimal skills!) This week it's boats, every night he's been asking me to read not the light-hearted kids books about boats, no that wouldn't do, for Buddy it's one of the 5 encyclopedias with everything you would ever want to know (or not know) about boats, submarines or submersibles. I, of course am a bad mom and refuse to read it for a bedtime story, opting for one of the shorter "kiddie" books. Of course when we leave his room he hops right up and reads the encyclopedia ones (we actually watched him on a hidden camera last night doing just that, thank you iPhone I love you more and more every day). One of the books actually had some experiments, and if you know us, we love experiments, so using some recycled supplies (and my mom's hot glue gun), voila, a submarine, a ferry boat and a jet ski...

In a pinch, the submarine makes a fantastic shower...

And the jet ski is a real head popper...

Really...

So all in all a super fantastic, boaty kind of day!
By the way, I need to make an addendum to my previous post about Buddy being the lead in the play, I thought they were just doing songs, nope full on play and he has 18 lines (yep, I counted). We won't tell Buddy about my downplaying him starring in a play (he even called his cousins, including the one he says he doesn't like because he says he's sloppy(someone's OCD is showing) to invite him to sit in the front row)!

No comments:

Post a Comment