Thursday, November 7, 2013

It's my birthday.....

It's my birthday.....so I woke up with expectations that the world would be at my beck and call, because the world revolves around me and all. About 5 minutes after I woke up, I remembered, I'm a mother, there is no world around me, just a world around him...
This was yesterday, when he was being cute and funny! This morning, not so much! He woke up from a nightmare that apparently involved me "forcing" him onto a dangerous roller coaster that had grizzly bears at the bottom of it! Seriously, if looks could kill, I would have been dead....several times over! Talk about taking away a birthday buzz! We eventually made our way to school (late of course) and then I handed him over to his teacher. When I checked in on him at lunch time, his teacher was super nice and said that as soon as I left Buddy was OK. Apparently his teacher has been taking some sort of  counseling classes and told me what I wanted to hear, but according to the Budster, part of the morning was spent crying under his desk with another part outside talking to Mr. Hartman (his teacher) about his nightmares. Oh well, by lunchtime he looked like this...
You know the world is good again when the bunny ears are out. Next birthday I'll be sure to not force Buddy onto the Bear Roller Coaster of Death. In other news, the birthday wasn't a total wash because some of my friends took me out for dessert tonight. Well, that is, after Shane made me a gourmet meal of bean and cheese burritos. Here I thought my birthday was just another day! So all in all a super fantastic, not riding roller coasters for a while, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment