Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Curses....

Not sure what's been happening, but I've been slacking on the blog in exchange for actually going to bed at a reasonable time! Weird concept...right? I've also missed looking at Buddy's teacher's blog....which totally means I missed this awesomeness from school on Monday....
Yep, that's Buddy in a lava suit! In other news, Buddy and I started looking at genealogy last night. If the connections on family search are correct we are related to Edward III, King of England, and then a host of Kings, Queens and Emperors along the lines (which makes sense due to the serious inbreeding of royal lines back then). Buddy was so excited to tell his friends, even though it was over 700 years ago, he was pretty sure that made him a big deal! While he was at school, I started scouring the lines looking for a Cherokee grandmother somewhere along my dad's line (at least there is one according to my aunt). I found her, Nokalakee Walkingstick, born 1756....then I found the article stating that her "son" (who is my 6th great grandfather) made not only her name, but her Native American roots to get the census workers to stop pestering him in the late 1700's as a "prank". Hmmm, no Native American heritage, but a heritage of pranksters! Yep, that sounds about right. So all in all a super fantastic, drats and double drats, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment