Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Hurry...cane....

Hurricane Iselle is suppose to be hitting the island by Thursday night. We just got the news that school will be  cancelled Thursday and Friday. Let me assure you Buddy is crying in his bed while I type at this very moment...of course, they are tears of joy, but there are tears, nonetheless.  Shane tried to fill up his car with gas....and the local gas station was ALL OUT OF GAS! No worries, he used the gas station that the tourists use, because I'm pretty sure they aren't hunkering down for Armageddon like the local folk. Not expecting much, but preparing for the worst like Scouts always taught me....well, and my dad! When I was in High School, we got hit by hurricane Hugo. The storm was pretty awesome....except for the part where we had no electricity for two weeks, but they still made us go to school. I do believe that not having the ability to see (because it was still dark out) or actually do your hair while being a teenager and then forced into public being surrounded by your peers is just cruel and unusual punishment...Seriously, a lot went into this look....
Almost as much effort as this one...
 Just kidding, Buddy puts way more work into his locks than I ever did....compliments of a perm (pretty certain that brushing your hair is against the perm code of conduct)! So we're going to hunker down, if you don't hear from me for a few days it's because I'm either too lazy, or we've lost internet.....I'll vote now and go with lazy! So all in all a super fantastic, hunkered, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment