Sunday, April 5, 2015

Color me not colorblind....

There has been a color explosion at our house getting ready for our color party. Buddy caught wind of his  surprise party and had a few suggestions to take it up a notch.....or 20! We made 5 dozen colored eggs....of course with that much work, we had to call in reinforcements....

Do you like how they're wearing gloves? Seriously, what happened to the good ole' days of just getting stained and dirty...I guess I can't blame them since I started wearing them first and then they wanted to be cool (and stain free) like me! Then we made a very colorful cake...
Buddy thought that was the coolest thing in the world. Unfortunately, I didn't ingest enough to see the cool effects that come out of it all tomorrow (if you catch my drift that is). Then, to top off all of our awesome party planning ideas, we made color bombs....
Buddy gets 100% of the credit for this one. The party I planned did not include kids throwing colored cornstarch at each other....


Apparently, this is not the party I planned!!!! The Easter Bunny dropped off Buddy's Color for the colorblind glasses this morning. He was super excited and has worn them ALL DAY LONG.,,,He even forgot to take them off for the color bombing (see above picture)! He sat down and picked out the colors he hasn't been able to see before...
These are the ones from his box of crayons that he's been missing. He kept taking breaks throughout the day so he could take it all in....

Tonight I made sure that we caught a sunset together to see if he's been missing some of the spectacularness...
When he went to bed, I asked him if he loved any of the new colors he got to see today. Then he told me that he likes being colorblind because it makes all of the other colors even brighter. Hmmm, who knew?  I offered to return the glasses, which unfortunately led to a crying meltdown about the whole thing. Poor kid thought we meant for him to have to wear the glasses for eternity, then I had to explain those glasses are just a party trick to be whipped out on special occasions and ONLY if he wanted to. Hopefully he won't ask for a party EVERY TIME he decides to wear them! So all in all a super fantastic, love being colorblind, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment