Friday, August 14, 2015

Give me a break!!!!

Buddy has a day off of school today...I'm not exactly sure why, but we have learned to never look a gift horse in the mouth. Anyway, a day off of school of course means play dates with friends! Buddy had a slumber party last night, they all of course chose the room with the bunk beds to sleep in, although sleep is not a word I would choose to describe the chaos going on last night!!!! I'm not sure what kind of Nerf wars they were having, but more than half of the bullet heads were torn off......perhaps a gentle war, or would it be a rough war? Anyway, in other news, Buddy finally asked me to go to lunch with him. Well, he invited me to bring some deep fried Oreos to a potluck they were having....

 He just suggested that if I brought them around lunch time they'd be fresher....Hey, you can't blame a girl for trying! In other, other news, Buddy's piano teacher moved so now Buddy isn't taking piano lessons anymore, which we are both sad about. Thankfully, the gecko is making good use of the piano now.....
On the bright side though, the 5th grade curriculum gets ukulele lessons once a week....I've been trying to get Buddy jazzed about taking ukulele lessons for a couple of years now (they offer them after school), he's been extremely resistant....that is until his entire class got in  on the lesson. Learning how to play the ukulele instead of something boring and lame like handwriting or some gibberish like that all of a sudden became a lot more awesome! Buddy is super excited about the ukulele and I am super excited that I can show him off like a freak show with his portable ukulele! This momma bragging is about to get real! In other, other, other news, Shane ordered a new game for the whole family...
 It's called exploding kittens, and you die when your kitten explodes! To say Buddy loved it would be a huge understatement! Nothing like an exploding kitten to get a tweenager to express his love! Not sure what I have to do to get on that list-just kidding, Buddy is extremely vocal about his love for us....just not within hearing distance of anyone else (which is just fine to me)! So all in all a super fantastic, taking a break, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment