Friday, August 7, 2015

Great Expectations.....

Buddy is working on his fitness merit badge for Boy Scouts. I'm not sure what all when down at the troop meeting where they discussed all the requirements to attain the aforementioned badge, but I did catch the tail end of the conversation where all the boys were mentioning what they do for exercise (mostly rugby, soccer and swimming). When it was Buddy's turn to answer, I'll be honest, I held my breath and prayed that he would mention swimming (I mean we live on an island for goodness sake, swimming is basically a requirement)...instead he shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't know, I guess I walk to school". Unfortunately, everyone knows his walk to school is no 5 mile hike both ways up a hill to school, Buddy's walk includes walking past 4 houses and crossing a street". So now Buddy and I have embarked on an exercise journey so that when he retests in 30 days we can blow everyone's mind with our awesomeness.....or more likely, I won't cringe that my beloved boy isn't getting regular exercise (trust me, I know I'm a terrible mom, but we get out and do lots of stuff...I just don't think it registers in his mind as exercise). We've been running every night, which has actually been really awesome and Buddy looks forward to it-mostly so he can make fun of my beet red face when we're done! The other day my thighs were screaming so I thought we should have a calmer exercise regime and we opted for yoga....
If you have ever done yoga, you will immediately notice the error of my ways for assuming this would be "calmer" for my screaming thighs!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH! So all in all a super fantastic, getting our exercise in, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment