Saturday, February 17, 2018

The pits!

Buddy's BFF got to spend the night last night. I think he was staying under the ruse that we were going to take him surfing with us in the morning.......yeah, the boys went fishing again instead. Which means, I got to go kayaking 2 days in a row, which is fantastic for my soul, not so fantastic for my girly hands!
 The boys actually caught a fish this time thankfully....of course after 5 hours I think they would have had even more luck just jumping into the water with their hands open to catch one bare handed, but whatever, fishing as a sport is super weird! Anyway, since the boys caught a fish we took it home to eat it. They watched a Youtube video of how to clean and gut a fish.......glad they watched it while I was actually doing it because they were too grossed out to touch it. Whatever, knowledge is power and all that! In other news of knowledge, on our way home we decided to make a pit stop at the local fire department  to visit with a search and rescue pilot Shane used to work with. Pit stops also mean photo ops.....

 and horribly graphic stories about rescues (which were disgusting and awesome all at the same time....I highly approved, secretly I think the boys did too)! Then I pit stopped the boys in front of this....
Good thing no one thought to pit stop me because I'm pretty certain I could do no such thing......but then again, could just anyone do my blog? Errrr, yeah, hmmmm, guess I didn't think that one through! So all in all super fantastic, hope I don't have nightmares or a tummy ache tonight, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment