Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Mother's Day....

Sunday was my first Mother's Day without my mom.....it's been tough and rarely has a day gone by that I haven't cried missing her. Every time something happens, someone ticks me off or I am having a hard time deciding on something, I want to call her and it hits me like a gut punch all over again. Since I've been married so long, I knew that if I wanted Shane to succeed in his Mother's Day offerings I needed to let him know, that this year would be tough and he really needed to up his game (which usually consists of whatever flowers are left at the grocery store around 5 pm on Mother's Day...his bar is very, very low). This year, I gave him a list of things I wanted (yes, I'm shallow, but I did have a very long surgery on my lady bits for my one living child.....so I think I deserve a little something!). The boys went above and beyond to make this year. Buddy made me breakfast in bed at the butt crack of dawn and then told me to get dressed because he was taking me somewhere.....
Pretty certain you can figure out where he drove me to!! During our tour, he interjected some really interesting Hawaiian tidbits to the group....so much so that the other family commented on the fine tour that he gave them. In return of the compliment, we told them all the really awesome places to go that only the locals know about. Afterwards, we met up with some friends at the beach and I finally went swimming in the ocean....It feels like it has been forever!

Monday Buddy got his second vaccine, which means that today the boy lucked out and didn't have to do any school because I know how crummy I felt after the second dose, so I thought he might too.
He told me he had a headache and didn't feel well....but I'm thinking that's a standard answer when your mom is asking if you need to skip school for the day! I really miss my mom, nothing really makes sense without her....honestly, I don't know how younger people do it. I had my mom 48 years and that doesn't seem like nearly enough time!
So all in all a not so super, or fantastic, but hoping to get there someday, day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment