Monday, July 31, 2023

Back to the rewinding.....I do have a friend!!!!

 Okay, now back to the rewinding of the past year, my friend from college came to visit me for Spring Break....it was just like old times. You know, the old times, where you dare your friend to stand under someone's ridiculously oversized umbrella.....

Or the old times where you feed each other shaved ice....

Perhaps the old times, where we paddled to nowhere in a fake canoe...
Or the old times where we gathered under a rock to make a poorly joined heart....

(Pretty sure if making hearts was a thing back then, we would have sucked at it just as bad back then, as we do now....so at least our old hasn't changed the core of us!)
Or perhaps recreate that famous scene from Titanic...
Oh wait, that movie wasn't out when we were in college!!
I'm not a horrible friend, I did take her to see some sites...
You know, the sites like the rain in a big lava field....
Or the inside of my car....that view is pretty spectacular!
Okay, Shane did score her a pretty awesome sight...
He's pretty good like that! We had a fantastic visit with Holly and I felt like a teenager again, well, I usually feel like a teenager anyway (well, except first thing in the morning when I have to do hand stretches to get my hands to be somewhat useable because of my arthritis.....but other than that, totally a teenager!)
In other news, before our visit from Holly, Buddy drove me in the truck...

(Seriously, I have no idea why I took this picture, but it looks like a good time)!
The house had a main water line leak so I spent two weeks digging up my front yard....

It was great fun, apparently....
In other news,  Buddy has been getting lots of practice with his salt gun to kill flies in our house....this particular one shot wonder had a wonderful assist from Shane's head!

Lastly, Shane took me on a hot date...

Shane made a cup, I made a paperweight....I was finally warm after I had been freezing for 2 months straight....what can I say, winter and acclimation are a real thing...

So all in all a super fantastic, totally getting there....but not sure where there is, day!


No comments:

Post a Comment