Friday, July 28, 2023

Still holding the rewind button!

So, in my attempt to document the missing last year, I'm continuing our rewind journey. Last month, in order to meet up with our friends in Vegas, Buddy thought it would be a great idea to ride the train from Seattle to Salt Lake City.....




Trains are always a good idea in his book! I was excited to ride the Coastal Starlight track because a big chunk of it goes right along the seaboard....turns out that section was after we had to disembark in Sacramento for our connecting train to Utah. Apparently doing research beforehand is a thing!!! Oh well, next time! Anyway, we ended up in Salt Lake at something horrible like 4 am...unfortunately we were supposed to be there at 2 which meant my dad and sister were hanging out at the train station for way too long, but at least they were rewarded with a bunch of ambulances and fire trucks meeting our train. We all have no idea what happened, but Buddy and I sure did come up with quite a few unbelievable stories to go along with it....most of them ended up with a corpse on the train! 
While we were in Utah, I was given the royal treatment....as one would expect of my station...

We celebrated Father's Day a week early, since we were trying to get home to Shane for his first Father's Day without his dad (spoiler alert, we made it back), so I got my dad some of his favorite things....me and Oatmeal Creme Pies. In that order!

Buddy visited with his brother Kevin....

And we went on a family walk while my sister wore the best shirt ever!!! 

If you can zoom into that awesome thing, you'd see a picture of me hugging a cow! She's had that shirt for six months now and told me that was the first time she'd ever worn it.....appalling! She apparently doesn't know good fashion when she see's it! Just for that I'll get her matching pants and socks!
The visit was just waaayy too short, so hopefully I'll be making it back to see my dad soon! 
In other news, we are headed out this evening to our camping spot that we found last week...I'm super excited and I know Buddy is too. This is the first time in a very long time that we are camping and not backpacking into a camping spot so we actually get to bring real meals instead of the dehydrated ones we usually hike with!
So all in all, a super fantastic, googling "easy camping meals", day!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment