Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Chili in my eye...

I have a very interesting job, I often see people at their best and their worst. In 12 hours I can be a part of extreme joy, or utter devastation, sometimes repeated several times a day. It's hard work, mentally and physically. Today we went to lunch with a family that I took care of over a year ago. It was amazing, the strength, grace and good humor of this woman is so humbling to me, she is truly the essence of super fantastic (and makes me feel good to be a nurse). We went to the Spaghetti Factory (p.s. did you know there is a trolley train there) and Buddy was in train heaven!


After the luncheon (sounds formal doesn't it), we went to a birthday party for one of the sons of a friend of mine at work. Excuse me if I sound not so culturally brilliant here, but holy crap, not sure if it's a Mexican thing (Blanca assured me it was), but there was candy, candy, candy. Wow! There was candy on the cake, candy with the food and of course there was candy in the pinata! If you don't know, I am quite the candy keeper (meaning I keep it then throw it away when someone isn't looking), I don't like it and so I don't buy it, but Buddy loves to collect it. The first piece he had was a chili centered mango hard candy. Seriously! He came running over to me crying/spitting out this candy-of course spitting some into my eye on the way (ouchy I must say), sweet little Blanca (my friend) was saying " oh sorry Buddy, I forgot you wouldn't be used to this hot stuff". Really chili in candy, for kids, holy hots!

(We're saving it for dad)
Buddy had a great time, plus he met a girl (in the wise words of Buddy, duh), her name is Eliza and he followed her everywhere to be her protector. He even showed her his muscles to prove it and she was impressed I'm proud to say!
So all in all a super fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment