Saturday, January 22, 2011

Genteel senses....

Last night my brother's kids were spending the night. It is quite apparent that he is raising his kids a little (OK a lot) more polite and mannered than I'm raising Buddy. Buddy and Elizabeth were playing with the Cowboys and Indians and I overheard this...

Buddy: This horse has a penis, look you can see it.
Elizabeth: Don't say that word!
Buddy: Why shouldn't I say horse?


OK I got a huge giggle out of it, Elizabeth however needed an apology and a discussion with Buddy that some words that we say aren't suitable for those of with a "genteel" nature. She's forgiven us though and now the kids are killing each other....



Just the way it should be! In other news, Shane will be on his way to Maui in a few short hours. Close your eyes for the next mushy part. We love you Shane, you're the best husband I've ever had, and Buddy's favorite dad!
So all in all a super fantastic, sword fighting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment