Thursday, February 27, 2014

Metal Mouth....

You know, you just plain look silly when you're standing all alone with sand on your head....
Of course when there are two of you.....
That's a whole other story!!!!! In other news, Buddy got his braces today....
He stared at himself for a good 5 minutes while the orthodontist was talking to me, giving himself the goofiest of grins! Nothing like a little bling to make you look goofier!!!!! He is quite proud, and in pain, but mostly proud. Also today was the Blue and Gold Banquet. The boys had a blast, but Shane was sure to tell me that I need to be louder......errrr, pretty certain my voice isn't going to be deepening any time soon (well, I think I'm going through menopause, so maybe it is). Also at some point some of the kids got confused and didn't go to all the game stations and thought they had to stay at the same one......which actually has me close to tears because the Budster was one of those kids and he never got to do the plunger crawl with me. I was wondering why he kept at one of the games, turns out he thought he had to stay at the one he initially got placed in....turns out I'm really bad at giving directions! Anyway, here are the games: we had (my favorite) plunger crawl....
There was spitball bell ringing....

And obstacle course racing, complete with a plunger bow at the end...

The kids had to carry as many boxes as possible around the obstacle course..
Thankfully that one is all over now because I've been saving boxes at my house for 2 months now, we are quite happy to be able to actually walk into the laundry room again!!!!! The boys did some skits.....
Which was quite the crowd pleaser...
And one of the mom's made the most bomb-diggity decorations ever!!!!!!!


Can you say holy cow patties that lady is GIFTED WITH AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!  So now we're home and I am exhausted and still slightly sad that some of the kids didn't know they were suppose to cycle between stations....and that I didn't get any pictures of Buddy.....or that I didn't get to race Buddy in the plunger crawl! Oh well, next time, so all in all a super fantastic, letting it be, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment