Friday, February 21, 2014

PhD?

The other day, Buddy had a field trip and I was lucky enough for the teacher to ask if I could be a chaperone ( I think me stalking Buddy's classroom all the time is starting to really pay off). Anyway, I was trying to get Buddy to hurry to school that day because the bus was going to leave for Hilo at 8:10 and my boy was just standing in front of the bathroom mirror....
When I asked him what he was doing, he told me he was just getting some practice in on wiggling one ear at a time.....I guess that takes precedence over a field trip? Anyway, we went to the Imiloa Astronomy Center....actually we went on a very long bus ride and happened to make a pit stop at the Astronomy Center....

When I was looking at the picture above I was thinking I needed to somehow make a note so you knew which one was Buddy.....but I think he's pretty easy to pick him out! I have to admit, the educators at the Center were awesome! They were super excited to teach and the kids gobbled it up! At one point one of the astronomers (yes, the educators were astronomers, which I'll say is pretty darn cool)  asked the kids what an exoplanet is, Buddy raised his hand and gave quite a lengthy response . After Buddy was done answering the question, I told his teacher I didn't even know what that was.....that's when his teacher said, "you know I don't know how he does it, he can go from the goofiest kid on the planet, to having a PhD the next second".  In other news, today we got our shipment of plungers from the mainland today (translation for that is, one of the other mom's in Cub Scouts had family come to visit and they brought us 10 plungers from the dollar store for our Blue and Gold banquet next week)....

I've never been so excited about plungers in my life.....Buddy is excited too...if you couldn't tell. Although, after he played with them for a while he wanted to "test" them in the toilet. Call me silly, but that's the last thing I ever want to do with a plunger (now I'm shuddering with vividly disgusting memories)....Blech! So  all in all a super fantastic, preparing for our doctorate....possibly in plunger utilization, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment