Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Just Ducky....

This week is our Makahiki (Pinewood Derby) and I had a fantastic idea to combine 3 awesome things for our booth this year....boys, ducks and duct tape....

That's the poster we made tonight for it (of course when I say we, I mean me with a Buddy supervising over my shoulder). I have some "waddle boards" (basically one man see-saws) that I'm making the kids go through a course waddling....hopefully quacking on the way and then at the end I'm letting them make a duct tape craft. Strolling the internet I wanted something awesome, something cool, this is what I came up with...
Wallets! Pretty cool, but uses way too much duct tape when I'm expecting 200 kids.....so I thought who doesn't like a good bow...
I actually have barretts for the little girls that come to our booth to make hairbows, but I'm still not sold that bowties are the answer, so I experimented a little bit more....
Perfect!
Just kidding! I did find some cute bookmarks, so I think I'll let the kids pick between bowties and bookmarks. Now if I could only find my pack flag we'd be set....seriously, sometimes I think dementia is already setting in. Not sure how I could misplace a gigantic flag, of course several months ago Shane bought a bunch of LED lights and I put them away....then I couldn't find them when he asked for them. He found them today in the linen closet hidden behind the toilet paper. I'd like to pretend that I was really just trying to make his life more difficult, but I think I'm just getting one more step closer to being blissfully confused! So all in all a super fantastic, I think I definitely need more sleep, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment