Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Leaders leading?

Today the cubs went on their VERY FIRST HIKE as a pack (these are just some of the Bears and Wolves, the Webelos had to hike 3 miles so we decided they could have that kind of fun without us).....
They hiked to a petroglyph field, so they could pose as petroglyphs....
Thankfully, they all left their pants on for the picture. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the petroglyphs!!!!! Also, in awesome me news, the boys were leading the pack and found their way safely back to the car......unfortunately, I can't say the same for the leaders. If I confess here that I was leading, do I have to turn in my Cub Master badge???? Errr, at least we weren't the only ones, the boys said they had to help a Chinese couple that had gotten lost on the trail too...so really, I was just giving them an opportunity to be Good Samaritans! I'm good that way! I'm sure they'll want to thank me later. The boys had a great time, which we measured in grains of dirt....
and grumpy faces! So basically we hit a 10 on the Richter Scale! Yay us! In other news, I'm currently shopping for a compass and possibly a personal map reader! So all in all a super fantastic, following the leader, day!   

No comments:

Post a Comment