Sunday, January 4, 2015

Island Style....

When we moved into our new house, the yard was a jungley  (I'm certain that is a word ) mess! It's Hawaii and it's been raining a lot, what can I say? Add to the fact that there were renters in the house for years before us (translation....no one gave a crap about the yard). So we decided to finally conquer our jungle of a yard, island style of course....
You can never trust those pesky banana trees! Just kidding, we actually hired professionals to tame the jungle instead of those two goobers..Trust me the now dead yard is all party of a bigger and better plan...that I thankfully won't have to lift a finger to execute! Just between you and me, I can't create a beautiful landscape if my life depended on it, and no one should trust me with sharp tools, that's all I'm saying! In other news, today was the first day Buddy stepped out of the house this year, poor kid! He's still coughing but I think he's mostly over it, me however, I still have a fever, cough and 5 cold sores have broken out upon my dehydrated lips. Trust me, I am a beautiful site to behold....just ask Shane,  nevermind that....I think he has no standards sometimes! Anyway, Buddy decided to treat himself to a yummy local islander kid treat after all the jungle taming today.....
Yep, that's raw ramen! Some of the kids eat it for snacks at school, so of course Buddy has to do it too.....All I have to say is... freaking no thanks, I will gladly keep my hoale card if eating raw ramen is a prerequisite for becoming an islander! Blech! So all in all a super fantastic, finally my turn to be sick all by myself, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment