Monday, November 7, 2016

Surprises....

This morning I was expecting to get a breakfast in bed, followed by a day at the beach filled with paddle boarding and kayaking to my hearts content. Instead, I was told to hurry up so we could drive 2 hours over to Hilo to look at a car that was really out of my mentally set price range. I wasn't sure why Shane wanted to waste everyones time....especially mine, since unfortunately, my birthday only comes around once a year! We looked at the car, I agreed it was cute, then Shane started hustling a cash only deal....which was weird, because I'm pretty certain between all 3 (that'd be me, Shane and the Budster who has been told to stay out of school for the week) of us we were carrying 20 bucks total and that was mostly in the change scattered throughout my car. I kept punching Shane to get him to stop his wheeling and dealing with his imaginary money, he kept telling me not to worry about it. I'm pretty certain the cops would be worried when they got a call that some guy was trying to pay for a car with imaginary money!!!!!! I mean, I do need a new car, my odometer is close to 270K, the child locks in the back stay scarily locked and my car usually starts after a wing and a prayer, but not at the expense of Shane being incarcerated for wheeling and dealing with imaginary money, and the tight wad in me didn't want to go into debt for a silly little car....I'm pretty certain my Betsy Beast could make it to 300K with enough duct tape! Turns out, the man that usually forgets it's my birthday until I remind him the night before (because I don't want to be mad when he completely forgets like he has in the past) has been saving since Christmas of last year to buy this tightwad a car for her birthday!
Holy bananas, am I the lucky one!!!!! So all in all a super fantastic, what a good surprise, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment