Monday, December 4, 2017

New Traditions.....

 One of the members of our ward started a surf club, so of course we joined. Buddy and I decided to get a leg up in the competition and to start practicing after school instead of homework....because as we all know, in the wise words of Buddy, "homework is lame". Also, this totally makes our ward better than yours! Also, there is no competition, unless we're talking mentally.  Also, homework really is lame! Also, I forgot to pack a swimsuit for the Budster so Shane gave him the shorts off his legs.....thankfully, we are all at an awkward stage of life where we ALL WEAR THE SAME SIZE PANTS!!!! Although, the goof in me really wishes the pants the boys traded would have been a little too snug and small on Shane just so I could have gotten a good laugh!!!!
 We also started a new tradition this year, horridly awkward Christmas Caroling! I've been wanting to do this for years!  I thought I had mentioned it to the boys, but the other day Buddy came home from church telling me he and his BFF thought it would be really fun to go around caroling really badly!!! If these boys weren't made to be in my life, I just don't know anything! So we put on our Christmas sweaters, rounded up some local kids, grabbed a few instruments and tortured basically anyone that I have met, may have met or crossed paths with since landing on this island!
It was a blast! A very, very, very loud blast. Not sure if everyone appreciated our fine tuned skills, but we liked it so much that we will gift everyone with an entire year to rest their ears before we inundate them again. I mean, it is the Christmassy thing to do! So all in all a super fantastic, traditionally awesome, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment