Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hanging out...

Today I went for a MRI of my back (no worries, just 15 years of being a nurse has finally gotten to me). I was placed in a long tunnel, with very loud noises, and held as still as possible (mind you I've seen many a MRI done, usually with patients that are totally out of it and moving around). I thought I was doing a good job, then I was told that I needed to breathe through my chest and not use my belly. Really? Have you ever tried to lay on your back and just breathe through your chest? I did for the next 30 minutes. I'm pretty sure it didn't work! Buddy had wanted to come too, anything with tunnels and loud noises has to be exciting, right?
Afterwards, I hand selected my favorite kids (OK, they were the only ones at my parents) and decided to play a game of who can break a bone first!






By the way, a girl next to us won! But I'm thinking climbing in an A-line skirt may not have been choice outfit of the year, but who am I to judge, I use my stomach muscles when I breathe!
So all in all a very super fantastic, climbing up the walls day!

No comments:

Post a Comment