Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dreams really do come true....

Buddy has been talking about what we were going to do today for a while. Last night when he was finally about to go to sleep (remember we're on a 5 hour time zone difference), he pleaded with me to wake him up as soon as I got up so he wouldn't miss a second of this morning. What would get my late riser so excited to get up so early on a Saturday. Let me tell you....one word....HEMI....

I'll assure you, he won't get up early for anything, or anyone else! We were invited to watch Hemi race. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to watch her race. We did have time to try out her fancy go-kart...

More importantly though, Buddy had time to put the moves on her....

Just an FYI, I heard Buddy ask her to marry him at least 3 times in our one hour visit, my how my boy is growing up! We also went to Lagoon today and with his new grown-upness (that's totally a word), he rode for the first time Colossus, Wicked, Spider, and Wild Mouse. It was fantastic fun, at least until one of the workers decided to be the height Nazi and not let Buddy on Colossus anymore because his lacking 1/116th of an inch (yep, I'm serious on both counts). Thankfully I snapped this picture before someone rained on his parade...

At least he didn't let his height hamper anymore of his maturity, as evidenced here...

That's right, nothing says I'm a grown-up better than drawn on underarm hair, it almost brings tears to my eyes!
So all in all a super fantastic, growing up, day!

1 comment:

  1. Danni! Hemi loved having buddy at the track with her and they just made me smile. It's so great to see them happy. I just love Buddy's personality he is so much fun! She keeps asking when Buddy will come to see her again. I'm hoping we are still on for Friday! Of course I didn't get your phone # silly me. Thank you for the inviet to Hawaii I am hoping we will be able to take you up on that offer in the near future! AND one more important thing Thank you for coming to see Hemi at the track, I wish he would have been able to see her race. It was an unusually long day with the people from all over the country racing with us. We didn't get out of there until 7:30 pm it was crazy. But I am so happy Hemi got to see Buddy!
    Thanks again hope to see you soon!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete