Friday, November 11, 2011

Extremes...

It seems my kid just want to take his modeling to a whole new level as evidenced by this...

and this...

In other news, we put up our Christmas tree yesterday. What can I say, Buddy asked and I didn't have a reason not to (cause seriously the fact that Christmas is still a month and a half away didn't really seem like a good reason). So today we pulled out our regular crew of cowboys (that would be Daisy Mae, Billy Bob and Mr. HairyButts) to admire our handywork...


Let's just say that they thought we were amazing. At least until Mr. HairyButts started having bowel problems that threw someone into a fit of giggles and our praises somehow got lost in the shuffle, or should I say... explosive kerfuffle.
Since today is Veteran's Day I need to give a shout out to Buddy's favorite people...the military. I can't even imagine a tenth of a sacrifice that the men and women of the armed forces give to protect and serve our country, not just them, but their families. I appreciate all that they do for this great country of ours (which might get a little greater if everyone else votes for Huntsman next year, but that's just me). I'm proud I'm related to so many servicemen...Not to brag or anything, but did you know my dad served in the AirForce and served in the Bay of Pigs...well if you consider it serving when you go on a plane ride and that plane U-turns back to home somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean (Oh, wait, was I suppose to be bragging? Just kidding, I'm very glad that story ends this way, instead of something else).
So all in all a super fantastic, thanking our Veteran's, day!

2 comments:

  1. You are such a cute mom. And really, it's not that early...at least you waited until a bit into november :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next thing you know it'll be October, I think I have hit a slippery slope!

    ReplyDelete