Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Winner winner chicken dinner....

Buddy won his pack's derby car race tonight....
People keep assuming that Shane helped him make it go fast. Truth is, the boy drew the design for shaping the car and then shaped it with the sander(I'm going to assume that is actually the name of the tool)....
Errrrm, it's totally normal to let your 8 year old loose with the power tools, right? Anyway, while  I was recovering from a night shift (aka sleeping) one day last week, he sat in front of the TV  sanding the crud out of his car....let's just keep my awesome mothering skills our little secret! Then he painted it. Shane helped him put a piece of tape down for his racing stripe, but the rest was all him....

Since I've already admitted to my awesomeness, I'll just go ahead and admit I tried to take the paint away and do it myself. I was adamantly told this was his project and he could do what he wanted! Smart boy! Anyway, when Shane got home this evening he added the wheels and the weight which actually may be the whole difference between winning and losing, so maybe Shane did what everyone is accusing him of. Oh well, Buddy is on cloud nine....
He's already planned to wear his cub scout uniform to school and wants to wear his medal he won at the Little Gym when he was 3 (I can already hear the string of exaggerated stories coming)! Maybe I'll just pin this picture to his back to knock him down a few pegs....
If that doesn't work, I can always use this...
Yep, that should do the trick. So all in all a super fantastic, where is our chicken dinner, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment