Sunday, March 28, 2010

Detours....

So this afternoon, Shane talked us into going to Tooele to get a book from one of his friends to study for a test he has to take before he starts his new job. I thought boring, Buddy, that kid has it going on, all he was thinking was family road trip! If you've never been to Tooele, you are really not missing much, but on the way, Buddy happened to see the coolest thing ever. Thank goodness we recently joined a recreation center and Buddy and I have been practicing our rock climbing skills, OK he climbs and I direct, it works out really well that way. Anyway, our skills definitely came in handy, even though I had my mommy freak out mode in overdrive (sorry I see a cliff and immediately think impending doom). Thank goodness these pictures are not scratch and sniff because the great Salt Lake is greatly stinking. On our way home Buddy wanted to stop at the Bird Poo Place (yes, there really is a place), but it was closed, I'm just thinking but maybe it's the boy in him that likes the stink! I mean it would explain why a dog we ran into kept sniffing his behind, and possibly why Buddy kept sniffing the dog's?

The big rock

Buddy and me, making goofy faces on top of the "rock"

Buddy obviously doesn't need my help to make goofy faces on top of the rock

Trust me, it was a long way down!





So all in all, a super fantastic, we even saw a train day!


No comments:

Post a Comment