Friday, March 5, 2010

What's up Goobey Goo?

So what is better than indulging in a little of this?

Possibly the fact that Shane has decided to not be banished to Denali, instead he is going to do tours this summer in the Grand Canyon, which means every other week we will be graced by a visit from dad! To that I say: YIPEEEEEEE!
We are very excited, especially Buddy who is happy we will be a "family again". To those of you who are naysayers about me never going in the past to AK to live for an "adventure", walk a mile in my shoes. I used to watch documentaries on the great depression and think what crappy dads for not taking their families to wherever they were working and here I am, decades later, repeating the same steps. But to us, it has made sense because of the always constant of my work, which even though nursing is a great job, plenty of hospitals have been affected by the recession, not mine though, so I stay! So I lead with my head not my heart, sorry but that's what pays the bills, and Buddy has had plenty of love and support when his dad is gone, and plenty of food in his belly and knows his dad loves him very much (and that is the most important).
So for now Buddy wanted to show off a few things from school. First his art project from last week when they were learning about the solar system....


And his yoga pose of the cow:

Seriously, is there anything funnier than a kid doing yoga, well maybe a little of this...


So far a super fantastic, sticking together and it makes us really happy, kind of day!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I'm so glad that Shane will be closeby this summer!

    ReplyDelete