Saturday, March 13, 2010

What you get when you see too many commercials....

So last night Buddy and I were watching cartoons, and what should interrupt our regularly scheduled program, but a commercial (I miss our Tivo). The commercial was for Disney on Ice which happens to be in town this weekend, and who is the guest star of the show? Tinkerbell, now normally Tinkerbell doesn't get Buddy into a frenzy of excitement (I'll actually say thank goodness for that one, not because of a gender thing, more that Tink is a very expensive role model). Right after the commercial Buddy was more than excited to go to the show, and repeatedly asking if he could take his cousin Elizabeth who happens to have a penchant for good ole' Tink! So after a few phone calls and an invitation to spend the night, Elizabeth, Tyler and Buddy settled down to a good book....

I have to say last night was the first time in a very long time I haven't been woken up at some unnatural hour with a request to pee, get a drink, or to get into my bed and it was heavenly. So this morning we got up, rode the Trax train to the Arena and watched Disney on Ice. The kids loved it, I was in awe and Shane sat like a grump through the entire show, although at the end he said the show was much better than it was when he saw it in the 80's (I should hope so). So Buddy has said goodbye to his cousins that had to go home, but I'm sure he'll be on the lookout for more reasons to invite the cousins up for a slumber party!
All in all a super fantastic Disney day!

No comments:

Post a Comment