Saturday, February 25, 2012

Apology accepted....

Today I got an email from my dad with an article attached to it that he said reminded him of me. In the article it talks about moms that are really involved with their son's lives and how society, at times, frowns upon it (translation, think mamma's sissy boys) but how research actually proves that children that are raised by very motherly mothers actually do lots better physically and mentally (to that I say... no duh). Then, while at the grocery store I ran into an acquaintance from church that told me I was a really good mom. It's enough to make me have a big fat head about being a super mom ( I really should wear a cape). But then again, no one is seeing the behind the scenes, like how I had to apologize to Buddy for the bazillionth time today for him being an only child. We did well this morning, playing until noon, just me, him and Shane. Then he got bored, really, really bored. I'm sure it would have been more exciting if I didn't have a torn meniscus and I squeal like a little girl every time I move my leg. Needless to say, he got bored of me and our closet full of board games quickly! We called, texted and walked over to everyone we could think of's house. Sadly, it's Saturday and no one could play. So I apologized, and he forgave me like the sweet little thing he is. Besides, it is so easy to be the mom to a little kid that holds my hair back and pats my back while I vomit (sad, but true... I smell a great husband in the making)! Plus, when we were walking to all of his friend's houses on the street to see if they could play, every time I had to stop and cry like a little school girl he patted my leg and gave me sweet words of comfort. I have a very easy job when I have a quality product like this....
to work with! He even poses cheesily on command, talk about a winner! So really, I'm no super mom, I have a super kid (totally not biased with that one). Should I list all his super hero traits? Like super burps, super farts, super stink powers? Still trying to come up with a costume for my super hero, unfortunately I'm having a hard time finding snot covered material that smells like farts (you would think there would be a big market for that). So all in all a super fantastic, forgiven infertility, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment