Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mother of the Year.....Again!!!!

Yesterday, Buddy pulled out of the trash for probably the fourth time some artwork he did back in November. He immediately confronted me and asked me why I threw his "beautiful" work away. You know, 7 year olds just don't seem to comprehend OCD. No matter how much I tell him about my compulsion to throw things away, he still gets his feelings hurt. I don't blame him honestly, I mean, it was a picture he's already pulled out a couple of times. I keep throwing it away because it doesn't seem very special to me, but obviously for him to go dumpster diving, it must be special to him. Well, after breaking his heart again, I decided to not listen to Shane and put this up...
(Shane's worried about the hole in the wall, I'm worried about the hole in someone's heart made by a way too tidy mother). As for the artwork, it has been saved and resting in a place of honor....
Apparently Buddy put a lot of blood, sweat and tears in that Thanksgiving artwork, and you do well to not forget it! In other news, last night when we came home from cub scouts Shane taught Buddy how to make a blow dart....
When you have a blow dart you have to have a target....
No really, you do, or you'll have a bunch of holes in your wall (not that we do, why, did the landlord say something?). So all in all a super fantastic, blowing it, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment