Tuesday, August 7, 2012

For my mother....

Buddy got to try out his fancy new soccer equipment today....

We're pretty awesome, we actually put the equipment on the right way before practice today (errr, shin guards just make more sense on the outside, but that's just me....perhaps against the rest of the soccer world)! Anyway, I've been doing some serious "churchy" things lately (that's in the Danni scale of playing wallflower). I would like to give my thanks to this lady right here....
That's my friend Jenni (with Buddy's BFF in the back, since Jenni happens to be his mom)...it's almost scary how you can download someone else's picture with the click of a button isn't it... somehow when you're friends with Jenni, she announces to people you don't have callings and then asks you to give a devotional at girls camp. When it came to giving the devotional, I called my mom and even my nieces several times to go over what I was going to say since Buddy and Shane are about on the same level when it comes to talking about church (well, actually Buddy is better about it). Anyway mom, these are for you. First my cards that I gave the girls.....after an awesome story about the Sneetches of course....

Then later....much, much, much later, I gave out these pictures compliments of my friend who donated his awesome picture to my cause....http://www.alanfullmer.com/blog/
Of course when I printed it, I (meaning Shane), used photoshop and printed "I am Divine Royalty and this is my castle" in the corner.....I had a little bit of a grammatical error, but when an agnostic is doing your LDS handouts, there is no complaining from this peanut gallery! I didn't do as great with the devotional as I had hoped, but I'm still alive, so maybe I did, since I guess my biggest fear is death by public speaking.
Next up are my "goodies" for my ladies in my district that I'm visiting teaching supervisor for. I found this cute saying and then decided I needed to print and frame them cause I thought they were that AWESOME...
It says "Don't forget to be awesome   everyday" although when I gave one to my VT companion she thought it said "don't be awesome" and she was excited to have it finally in writing....and it's still giving me the giggles hours later! Then I was looking for some sort of reminder, but seriously, we're grown women, I don't need a "do it/done" sign like I kept finding all over the Internet, so I found this to be a little bit more apropos...
I photo shopped it myself and then made it into a magnet...yay for printers, cause seriously, I love mine (thanks mom)! Then since you can't think of Relief Society without thinking of food....oh, is that just me, did I just answer my own internal questions about why my arms jiggle? I added this....
Which I did find online, but it didn't turn out quite as cute as I had hoped, but who cares when there is a peppermint patty underneath? Anyway,  there it is mom....now you can gush about how much of an evil genius photo shopper I am! The rest of you, at least, are on notice to avoid Jenni at all costs.....just kidding, she's tons of fun, even if she does see through my wallflower rouse! So all in all a super fantastic, wearing our shin guards correctly, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment