Friday, December 14, 2012

The day of hugs.....

I am completely sickened by the tragedy today. Shane came home early to find me crying and not understanding why someone would purposely go to a place filled with harmless, innocent children. When Buddy got out of school the crossing guard asked me if I had heard the news about the shooting......I had still been debating on what exactly to tell Buddy..... I told him everything once we got home, and then we all hugged...FOR A REALLY LONG TIME.
 Then we decided to bring a little bit of Americana onto the island...
I love my family. What I don't love, is the world around us. I was told in a blessing that I would live to see some of the worst trials the world would ever see.....somehow it didn't even click that my kid would also see that world....until today. So I apologized for the world that we live in, then he told me he wished" Jesus would come back to earth soon so no other kids would die and we could just love each other". I have a wise boy! Then, we had a Christmas Party at church today, and all the kids were told to not play outside without their parents because a "creepy man" had been loitering on Tuesday and had tried to lure some kids playing outside. Thankfully those kids were smart and ran back inside and told on him. By the time the adults got to where he had been hiding behind a dumpster, he was gone, but Buddy has obsessed about the "creepy man" all night. Buddy has assured us that the "creepy man" must be dead from starvation by now...."since he's been hanging out at the dumpster for a whole week". Errrr, Buddy can keep on thinking that, as long as he isn't playing where he's not suppose to be....and stops talking non-stop about what or where the "creepy man" is! Seriously, saying "creepy man" 30 times in 5 minutes is just a bit of an overkill! So all in all a growing up too fast because of the world around us, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment