Friday, May 24, 2013

3rd graders "R" us....

When I was in second grade I moved from Maryland to North Carolina. It was a huge transition, plus everyone kept calling me a "Yankee" (which I had no idea what that was, other than apparently it was horrible to be one) and I had the WORST TEACHER EVER!!!!!!She was so mean that I actually had an accident in my pants one day because I was afraid to ask her for the bathroom pass. Too much information? Errr, sorry, I just can't seem to post without talking about someone's body fluids these days! But seriously, she was meaner than mean! Buddy thankfully has had it so much better than I ever did. Plus I think he has a crush on his teacher, which I guess makes the day go a whole lot smoother. Hands down Ms. DiColli is the best second grade teacher ever!
She even took all the kids to Paris on Wednesday (he went to the Louvre, had some cheese, got renamed Jean and even drank some wine(not really, it was juice)).  Buddy took his camera to school for the trip and made a video of basically the WHOLE DAY! When he got home he made me watch the whole thing with him, what I noticed is that not only does his teacher sing A LOT (which I already knew from showing up early and catching them singing their lessons....which is awesome), but she also dances a ton too! Seriously, what 2nd grader wouldn't love to learn from someone who sings and dances....heck, maybe if I found a professor like that I'd get my Master's Degree instead of procrastinating. Anyway, Buddy has officially completed second grade and is on the fast track to growing up way too fast! To celebrate the occasion I took him and the neighbor kids to the bowling alley  to play video games (cause that's what bowling alleys are for)...
 Oh well, at least he's the proud owner of these bad boys....
I think that, in and of itself, makes the 40 minute drive into Kona well worth it! So now we're prepping for our entire summer by  getting ideas by watching Phineas and Ferb! Just kidding, we don't need any ideas, we're on the countdown to Utah and the plan is to be thoroughly entertained by a multitude of cousins! So all in all a super fantastic, hello summer, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment