Saturday, May 2, 2015

Family History....

Buddy and I were invited on a multi-family hiking trip by his BFF, Not one to turn down.....well, basically anything, especially when it's with the aforementioned BFF, we joined him at the obsidian mines.....I think it was truly just a ploy to get some free labor off of the local neighborhood kids....

Buddy did his miner great-grandfathers proud with his obviously inherited awesome abilities with swinging a hammer (although, I'm going to believe that the great granparents are up there shaking their heads going "seriously, you want to do that for  FUN?????". Of course the boys had a blast exploring...
 and trying to set off avalanches.... Here they are right before they started pummeling rocks at the cliff above and beside me. Thank goodness I have the reflexes of a cat (OK, an ox) so I could literally run for the hills before the hills crashed on me...they of course thought it was hilarious!
They also had a great time dawdling....
Yep, that's them way back there. I actually got to the car and walked back to keep them focused. Turns out that when you get easily distracted by shining things when you're near an obsidian mine, you can't seem to walk two inches without stopping and exploring. Turns out that when you stop every two inches on a 2 mile hike your short jaunt turns into an ETERNITY! So all in all a super fantastic,  got to tell some stories about Papaw Huff and his awesomely missing his toes due to a coal mining accident, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment