Thursday, April 21, 2011

Grounded....

Buddy is officially grounded from the computer! Since Shane and Buddy have been home (sick) at the same time, those two have been playing computer games on the Internet with Kevin. So what's the problem with the male bonding? My problem is the horrifying language that escaped my 6 year old's mouth this morning from all the "shoot 'em up games"! So Buddy is grounded for the first time, but handled it well....At least after he questioned why I hated him/was being so mean, yada, yada, yada, you get the point. Then I pulled out my KUMON workbook of crafts that had been gathering dust (at least it would if I didn't have OCD). So kudos to the crafty people at KUMON !!! We had a blast!









As you can see, the end result was fantastic...

We even had time to do a little of this....

We've already hid the eggs about 6 times, only to be repeated "straight away" in the morning, as requested by Sir Budster! Thankfully, most of our hunting will be outdoors in a very large crowd....that should minimize the risk of me finding a rotten egg in someone's toy chest a year from now when I'm packing up to move to Hawaii (oh wait, that already happened)!
In other news, Buddy was honing his acting skills some more today. As he was throwing a tantrum (skill number 1...check), he was staring in the mirror to make sure he was putting on the best face. Seriously! At least I hope that was why he was staring, or we are looking at a future Prima Donna (which could also be true).
So all in all, using my parenting skills (with a little help from my friends), day!

No comments:

Post a Comment