Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Just one of the guys...

Today Buddy walked home from school all by himself (at least that's what we're calling it when I tagged behind and didn't tell him the way)...

Look at him, he's even got a spring in his step for being such a big boy. Afterwards, he played with the neighbor kids and WALKED HIMSELF HOME! OK it's only 3 doors down and across the street and I won't tell you that I weeded our front yard to whole time to make sure he was OK coming home. He did fantastic and he was pleased as punch with himself. When did he grow up? It just seems like yesterday he was content to stay home and make paper cup telephones...

Of course now I'm wondering what kind of monster I created? What was I thinking teaching him how to get places, doesn't he know he's suppose to be totally dependent on me? Oh boy, I think I'm in for a ride, and I think the neighbors won't know what hit 'em!
So all in all a super fantastic, growing up, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment