Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Overboard.....

Buddy and I went camping with a bunch of friends for a few days over spring break. When I told Buddy we were camping at a beach he was disappointed. Actually, that's putting it mildly! He told me he wanted to camp in the woods, even if we needed to camp by ourselves to be able to accomplish that! Pretty sure he changed his mind, since the last 3 days he's been doing this....
Pretty sure you get the picture. Buddy was touting about his love of kayaking and since he obviously has a hard time sharing the paddles, decided he should be the designated oarsman and gave everyone rides! He told me that kayaking is his favorite thing in the world, that is until I almost killed him while we were kayaking a bit around the island and got too close to a reef and our kayak turned over. No big deal mom, we swam to our kayak that was getting pushed away from us, turned it over and plopped back in like trained professionals. After that he told me he never wanted to kayak again. Thankfully he changed his mind, after all, who would paddle the little people if he didn't?
In other news, he did find time to squeeze in a little bit of exploring...
Trust me, he was actually excited about the goat head, he just doesn't look it for the camera. Then again, this was right after our brush with death, so perhaps he's sending me a telepathic "seriously mom, what did you just do to me?" message? So all in all, a super fantastic, camping it up, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment